Under general supervision, this position handles administrative requirements, including budgeting, account management, requisitions, time keeping, print shop liaison, scheduling, travel, special event support and other administrative requirements of the university or system. In addition to administrative duties, the position provides design support to the creative projects coordinator and graphic artist/web designer and handles a variety of publication designs for offices across campus. Requirements also include proofreading and editing of material.Typical Duties/Job Duties
1. Answers incoming telephone calls and questions; routes phone
calls or takes messages; makes appointments. Trains student workers
on phone etiquette and use.
2. Ensures daily mail is collected; opens daily mail and distributes mail to appropriate office staff or locations.
3. Greets faculty, staff, students and other visitors and answers questions or directs the individuals to the appropriate University staff member or office.
4. Assists photographer with scheduling and model recruitment
5. Prepares routine budget reports for the Director’s review. Gathers information needed for budget preparation and monitors departmental expenditure levels.
6. Prepares monthly Web analytics reports in coordination with the web information specialist.
7. Uses desktop publishing and related software to provide design support to the creative project coordinator and graphic artist/web designer with a variety of publication designs for offices across campus.
8. Proofreads and edits materials. Recommends corrections to press releases, publications, and other printed and electronic materials.
9. Creates and manages electronic databases to facilitate the preparation of forms and informational materials. Uses computer software to combine and merge data and information used in University publications.
10. Assists in contacting vendors and securing price quotes for the printing of University brochures and related material.
11. Maintains computer and hard copy files. Complies with recordkeeping requirements and retention schedules. Ensures confidentiality and security of records.
12. Uses web-based project management system to indicate fulfillment of assigned tasks.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of office management procedures and practices,
• Knowledge of basic desktop computer operations, including Windows and Microsoft office applications as well as knowledge and ability to work with Adobe CS5 and CorelDraw software.
• Skilled in answering telephone, greeting customers and maintaining office calendars.
• Ability to multi-task several projects with different deadlines and to meet frequent deadlines and to work under constant demands and pressure.
• Ability to write professional, well-structured and grammatically correct information for print and electronic media.
• Ability and skill in proofreading, including knowledge of grammar and syntax; ability to understand and develop sound sentence structures; and ability to spell with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to understand and work with numbers and to prepare reports.
• Ability to design publication layouts and think creatively.
• Ability to work with a variety of professional and creative staff.
• Ability to communicate with staff and faculty employees, students, general public, vendors, and management personnel.
• Ability to work with standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, computers, etc.
High school diploma or GED. Three years diversified secretarial,
general office or related
experience including regular use of desktop publishing or related software.
Sitting 6+ hours per day, talking, hearing, repetitive use of hands/arms, manual dexterity, seeing/vision. Some bending/stooping, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs., driving.EEO Statement
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.