Budget Office Assistant
Community College of Philadelphia
Reporting to the Budget Director, the Budget Office Assistant supports the Budget Office in performing administrative functions related to the Budget, Risk Management, and Auxiliary Services areas. Primary responsibilities include creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, processing insurance certificates, invoices and purchase requisitions. Other responsibilities include ensuring updates to departmental forms and content on the College's website and the scheduling and coordination of meetings on behalf of the Director.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High School diploma, or GED equivalent, is required.
• Six (6) years of administrative office work experience required.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive documents and information required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social-economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds is required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities required.
• Ability to work as part of a team or individually required.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills required.
• Experience developing and coordinating administrative processes required.
• Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Related work experience within higher education preferred.
• MS Access preferred.
• Experience utilizing third-party products, such as Tableau, ARGOS, CBORD, and other data tools for visualization and reporting preferred.
• Previous experience using an enterprise-wide system, such as Ellucian Banner, is preferred.