Executive Director of Student Financial Services (EDSFS)
Executive Director of Student Financial Services (EDSFS)
Wilkes University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of Student Financial Services. The Executive Director serves as the primary professional responsible for the development and assessment of all student financial aid awarding, leveraging, and technology strategies within the enrollment management environment at the University.
The Position: The Executive Director provides strong leadership and oversight for all Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Operations and all areas of financial aid administration and compliance by working collaboratively to achieve departmental and institutional goals. In addition to the administration of funds used in the support of all students, the Executive Director will be very involved with leveraging funds to attract, retain and graduate students at the University. The incumbent will also be involved with strategies to set a University wide standard for discounting, net tuition revenue, and retention issues that affect students at the University.
The Executive Director will plan, organize, and manage the operations and activities of federal, state, local, and privately funded financial aid while monitoring and ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations. The Executive Director will evaluate operations leading to continuous improvement, supervision, and evaluation of the financial aid staff and plays a major role in strategic discussions on higher education access, affordability, opportunity, student support, and student success. The development of financial assistance programs and services that serve a diverse population to support the University strategic and enrollment plan is critically important. This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing.
The University and the Wilkes Barre, PA, Community: Wilkes University is a nationally-ranked, private, independent, non-sectarian institution of higher education dedicated to academic and intellectual excellence through mentoring in the liberal arts, sciences and professional programs. Founded in 1933, Wilkes is on a mission to create one of the nation’s finest doctoral universities, offering all of the programs, activities and opportunities of a large university in the intimate, caring and mentoring environment of a small college, open to all who show promise. The Brookings Institution ranked Wilkes 14th in the nation for middle-class mobility. In addition to 45 majors, Wilkes offers 24 master’s degrees programs and five doctoral/terminal degree programs, including the doctor of philosophy in nursing, doctor of nursing practice, doctor of education, doctor of pharmacy, and master of fine arts in creative writing.
The University is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, a revitalized city that is located on the Susquehanna River and is within two and one-half hours driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia. Wilkes was founded in 1933, became designated as a University in 1990, and currently offers degrees and programs in six colleges and schools.
Qualifications: The Executive Director of Student Financial Services should have the following:
- 8 years of progressively responsible leadership and project experience in higher education student financial aid at the Associate Director level or higher;
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing a student financial aid function and in developing, evaluating, and improving financial aid awarding from a data-driven perspective;
- Substantial knowledge of and experience with Banner software, administering student work study programs, and managing endowed and gift fund budgets are highly preferred;
- Ability to refine and implement systems to enhance technology across all areas of financial aid packaging, awarding, and student communication while maximizing service contracts and technology support from both internal and external sources;
- Proven technical skills in data management, data processing concepts, and computerized systems related to student financial aid and student accounts as well as proficiency with statistical software;
- Ability to develop, implement, maintain, and revise financial aid policies and procedures in compliance with federal and state laws and university policies and regulations;
- Ability to develop, modify, implement, and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all financial aid awarding for audit purposes;
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a Master’s degree;
- Knowledge of best practices in the efficient use of resources is expected.
Application and Nomination Process: Wilkes University has retained the search firm Scott Healy & Associates to oversee and manage the search process. Applicants must apply electronically via a word document. All applications and nominations must be sent to:
Scott Healy & Associates
Attn: Dr. Scott F. Healy, President
All Applications Must Include the Following documents:
- A cover letter outlining experience and success in all the areas listed in The Position and Qualifications sections of this ad;
- A current and up-to-date resume; and
- A list of five professional references with his/her title, direct phone number, and e-mail address as well as your affiliation with each. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate)
Complete confidentiality will be maintained throughout the entire search process. Applications received by July 7, 2021 will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Wilkes University is consistently seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The University strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Financial Aid Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Executive Directors Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre