Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Director of Compensation with experience in an Academic Medical Center setting. The Director of Compensation will report to the Executive Director of Compensation and HRIS.
The qualified candidate will have managerial experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to leverage technology, and experience handling compensation for both Faculty and Staff level positions.
Direct the implementation of compensation policies and programs by serving as a lead subject matter expert on compensation related issues; interacting proactively with leadership to ensure the implementation of programs align with Baylor College of Medicine’s strategic business and HR imperatives; providing insight and influence on the development of program proposals; overseeing efforts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and directing appropriate courses of action; serving as an escalation point for external and internal audits/inquiries; and directing the review and maintenance of compensation matters (e.g., salary structure, FLSA exemptions, incentive/bonus plans).
- Direct the development and execution of compensation analysis plans across the organization by analyzing situations and/or proposals to determine the best strategy; and communicate plans with leadership.
- Oversee non-executive market pricing and analysis by reviewing compensation survey data to determine company's competitive position; participate in salary surveys; assess competitive labor market trends; influence executives and business leadership regarding salary structures and market positioning; and ensure equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Oversee salary planning and salary range development for the college by reviewing and approving proposed salary adjustments; influence corrective or alternative actions to resolve issues; approve requests for new or revised classifications; establish salary structures; develop the merit salary budgets; ensure the achievement of equitable, competitive, and consistent employee compensation; design and manage incentive and bonus plans; and develop and review compensation policies and practices.
- Direct the development and administration of job descriptions, job evaluations, and salary surveys by ensuring jobs are audited for content; review job descriptions to ensure they reflect job responsibilities, activities, duties, and requirements; and verify job matching and market pricing.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate HR compensation strategies, programs, and policies in partnership with executive HR leadership by developing short- and long-range department goals, programs, and policies; ensure the Compensation department supports and is aligned with business initiatives; influence strategic compensation program design and development; establish and sustain strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supervise, develop, coach and support team members deliver regular compensation support.
- Master’s degree.
- Seven years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience obtained in an academic environment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston