Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst
The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst (Sr. SPA) serves to meet the goals and objectives of the Clinical Research Division at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH). The Sr. SPA prepares coverage analysis (CAs) for industry and non-industry Qualifying Clinical Trials (QCTs). The Sr. SPA is a dedicated point of contact for all QCT related items and primarily facilitates improved billing compliance. The Sr. SPA collaborates with the Division leader and other key stakeholders to ensure accuracy and timely completion of CAs to help meet federal, private payor and institutional compliance objectives. The Sr. SPA will deal with the more complex clinical trial administration including pricing, budgeting and negotiating clinical trial agreements with sponsors to ensure adequate funding to cover trial clinical expenses. In addition, the Sr. SPA will serve as a mentor to the less experienced Sponsored Programs Analyst.
This position is approved for either full-time on-site or REMOTE work. Applicants from outside the greater Houston area are encouraged to apply.
- Attend clinical research study operational planning meetings.
- Analyze initial and amended therapeutic protocols, distinguish clinical processes, ancillary procedures such as radiology and laboratory tests, and other effort as they appear throughout the protocol.
- Understand protocol objectives and treatment plans and extract pertinent data for coverage analysis development.
- Consult with PI, regulatory team, research staff, clinical and/or laboratory teams as needed to communicate potential coverage issues and respond to coverage inquiries.
- Complete coverage analyses for all therapeutic trials and submit QCT forms via Institute for Clinical and Translation Research (ICTR) system for final approval.
- Review and assign modifiers and reference justification from coverage determinations and/or standard treatment guidelines as needed.
- Maintain database of procedures, CPT/HCPCS codes and other CPT references as required.
- Consult with other sponsored programs analysts for inclusion of coverage analysis and cost data into sponsor budget templates.
- Serve as a liaison between BCM’s ICTR QCT team and TXCH for all matters QCT related, including coverage analysis negotiation, reviews/corrections, process changes, etc.
- Attend clinical research in-service or continuing education sessions as needed.
- Serve as mentor/trainer to Sponsored Programs Analyst
- Consult with post-award and interpret coverage analysis data with actual charges.
- Liaise with hospital research department and keep division up to date on payor developments and changes to hospital, college, national and state policy.
- Route institutional required agreements and negotiate financial budgets with sponsors.
- Manage portfolio of more complex clinical trial administration including pricing, budgeting and negotiating clinical trial agreements with sponsors to ensure adequate funding to cover trial clinical expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Bachelors degree in biology, nursing or medical laboratory science with 3 years of directly related experience, or one year of directly related experience and an advanced degree
- Knowledge of clinical trial management systems, medical procedures/terminology and CPT coding preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Effective verbal and writing skills
- Prior coverage determination experience is very important
- Prior work in therapeutic clinical research might be helpful, however familiarity with NCD guidelines, billing grids and charge reviews are critical
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.