Course Developer & Adjunct Faculty Member, Sustainability Accounting & Reporting
The Virginia Tech Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability (CLiGS) invites applications for a new member of the Online Master of Natural Resources (OMNR) Program faculty, specifically to develop and teach a new graduate course titled NR-5884 Sustainability Accounting & Reporting.
Sustainability Accounting & Reporting is an elective course is part of the Sustainable Business focus area within the OMNR. The course will be included on the course timetable at least once per academic year, possibly more, depending on student demand, starting in Spring 2022.
The initial course description is as follows:
NR-5884 Sustainability Accounting & Reporting
This course offers a comprehensive overview of the accounting, evaluation, compliance, and reporting systems and practices needed by sustainability professionals. Topics include:
- Governance by disclosure through accountability and transparency
- Climate, water, and human rights
- Labels, certification, standards, and roundtables
- Reporting for businesses and government organizations
- International and sectoral differences in sustainability reporting platforms and practices
The position requires a Master of Business Administration; a PhD in Business Administration with a focus on sustainability, or a closely related field, is preferred. Prior adjunct faculty experience teaching in an academic institution is preferred. Experience teaching online or hybrid formats, while helpful, is not required.
While CLiGS is based in Virginia Tech’s Research Center in Arlington, VA, this position does NOT require the candidate to be located in the Greater Washington DC metro area or the main campus in Blacksburg, VA.
CLiGS offers very competitive compensation for contract adjunct teaching positions.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, CV, and a document outlining ideas for the Sustainability Accounting & Reporting. The deadline for applications will be Friday, July 2. Review of applications will begin on Tuesday, July 6 and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate will be required to have a conviction check. For more information, any questions about the search, or individuals with a disability who desire accommodation please contact Amanda Tai (email@example.com).
Apply for Course Developer & Adjunct Faculty Member, Sustainability Accounting & Reporting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Arlington
- Business & Management Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Arlington
- Business Administration Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Arlington
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Arlington
- Geology & Earth Sciences Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Arlington