One Summer Chicago - Intern
ONE SUMMER CHICAGO - INTERN
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
One Summer Chicago is an initiative that provides youth with employment and enrichment opportunities during the summer months. One Summer Chicago offers summer employment to youth between the ages of 14 and 24. Most programs are between 20 and 25 hours per week.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE :
The One Summer Chicago initiative encourages students to gain experience in their prospective fields by placing them in areas and departments aligned with their area of study whenever possible. Students are able to use their wages towards educational and living expenses. One Summer Chicago jobs are available in areas such as academic departments, laboratories, libraries, administrative offices, student centers and off-campus locations. The One Summer Chicago Intern will assist with general office duties and activities as determined and directed by the supervisor and supports the strategic plans and mission of the CCC.
- Adult Education
- Assist students with accessing classes virtually, retrieve data and assist students at South Chicago Learning Center.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Career Services
- Candidate must have interest in research in addition to excellent writing skills
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Child Care Center
- Assists staff in the day-to-day functions of the Child Care Center including reaching out to community partners for onsite visits, organizing and setting-up classrooms and outdoor play for children.
- In addition to meeting CCC requirements, candidates must meet the requirements of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
- Enrollment Management
- Greet visitors to Olive-Harvey College who are interested in enrollment.
- Office of Instruction – Tutoring Center
- Work directly with Director of Academic Support to assist with scheduling students with Supplemental Instruction.
- President’s Office/Institutional Effectiveness
- Candidate must have interest in research in addition to marketing and engagement.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Registrar Office
- Assists staff in the day-to-day functions of the Registrar Office including filing, purging and clearing files.
- STEM Department
- Assist with STEM Events including greeting students, providing tours and maintaining STEM Room.
- Student Services
- Host Virtual Student Services (VSS).
- Operate Olive-Harvey Campus Food Pantry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists staff in the day-to-day functions of the office.
- Provides support on various projects and assignments when needed.
- Develops and maintains project work plans and action plans with clear deliverables and timelines.
- Attends meetings as requested to obtain information pertinent to assignments.
- Researches various topics and analyzes findings in relation to the strategic plan and mission of the District.
- Communicates with various internal and external constituents in order to gather data and information for use by administrators.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a high school diploma required.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors degree program and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Be a Chicago Resident
- Ability to operate computers and use software applications.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and demonstrate self-motivation.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work in person, or remotely, or a combination of both.
- Complete the One Summer Chicago online application here .
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago