Associate Dean - Enrollment Management
Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management, theAssociate Dean - Enrollment Managementworks collaboratively with senior level administrators in managing the college’s Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plan, implementing strategies for the successful delivery of high quality, student centered, and culturally responsive enrollment management services.
TheAssociate Dean-Enrollment Managementis accountable for supporting the college’s enrollment and retention goals by supervising and directing the college’s enrollment services teams and assisting the Dean in managing the operations of the Enrollment Management Department’s functional areas including recruitment, admissions, testing/placemen, and the Office of Financial Aid. Performs related duties as required.
- Supports the Dean, Marketing Department and key stakeholders in developing a high-quality communications plan including social media campaigns to enhance the level of communication with prospects and recent applicants to successfully attract, enroll and retain a diverse student body.
- Assists in operationalizing plans to broaden college’s prospective student pool and expand student pipeline beyond traditional HS graduates to increase college access to a wider prospect group.
- Collaborates with senior level administrators to clearly define recruitment targets and create tailored, comprehensive plans to drive and increase student enrollment.
- Coordinates and works with enrollment services team to improve and streamline admission processes to increase efficiency across onboarding departments and ensure students move through the admission funnel successfully.
- Supervises enrollment services staff; implements performance guidelines and goals. Meets with staff to review work activities and progress. Sets work priorities and focus direction.
- Establishes standards to ensure prospective students receive quality services and assistance for a seamless transition from the on-line application through the enrollment and registration process.
- Implements informational outreach strategies to provide a high-quality level of services and information to students, families, teachers and counselors to assist in the college planning and preparation process, and to position the college as an institution of choice.
- Plans and organizes outreach activities including school visits, college fairs, open house events, information sessions and other large-scale prospective student/recruitment events.
- Develops and implements new student orientation procedures and materials. Directs the scheduling and presentation of new student orientation sessions.
- Leads staff training on best practices in recruitment and admissions practices and supports professional development opportunities for staff.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection, and hiring of staff. Initiates, approves, and implements staff disciplinary actions and makes recommendations for termination
- Works with key stakeholders in proactively adjusting recruitment plans and strategies based on data analysis, review of application and enrollment trends, and other metrics.
- Serves on committees and taskforces including but not limited to enrollment management, first year experience, financial aid, registration, retention and transition.
- Serves as weekend and/or evening administrator for the college.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education or a relevant field
- Five years of management experience in higher education, preferably in an admissions and enrollment area and in a community college setting
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Peoplesoft System (CS9) proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of best practices and current trends in all aspects of enrollment management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated supervisory, administrative, and leadership skills
- Commitment to working with diverse populations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago