Part-Time Coordinator I, Benefits
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381.
The Part-time Benefits Coordinator I is responsible for supporting a wide variety of activities throughout the benefits functional unit utilizing strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills. The position provides research and data for analyses regarding various aspects of the College’s benefit plans. Responsible for accurate reconciliation of system and carrier data for assigned plans (such as ORP, TIAA, ERS, TRS, etc.), as well as for a variety of data entry and auditing functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents
- Performs research relevant to human resources and benefits; Develops, monitors and maintains a variety of spreadsheets, databases, reports, and presents findings to internal constituents
- Enters, tracks, maintains and audits a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets and databases; Utilizes the HR information system (PeopleSoft) to collect meaningful data for strategic planning and auditing; Enters new hires and terms in ERS
- Ensures data integrity through regular reconciliation of system data and carrier data for various benefit plans, including but not limited to premiums and payroll deductions; Corrects data entry errors in HR computer systems (PeopleSoft); Retrieves and uploads Employees Retirement System (ERS) benefits data and reconciles ERS benefits deductions and payments
- Coordinates various department processes, schedules, and calendars; Plans, schedules, and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to employee benefit inquiries and issues
- May update ACA health tables and retirement tables in the PeopleSoft program with the purpose of tracking benefits coverage and retirement plans
- Takes part in special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of benefits analysis, including current knowledge of regulations relating to health and welfare programs
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple and concurrent priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with business applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resources information systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and interpret policy and procedure manuals
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- aPHR certification or higher, or industry recognized equivalents
- Experience using PeopleSoft
- Experience working in Human Resources in higher education
Hourly Pay Rate is $14.85
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.