Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
The Department of Natural Sciences at Marymount Manhattan College (MMC) seeks applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor in Biology with teaching expertise in Anatomy and Physiology to begin Fall 2021 pending final budget approval. The position is a full-time, one-year appointment for 2021-22 with a teaching load of 12 credits per semester (Fall and Spring); it may convert to a tenure-track position depending on institutional need and resource availability.
The primary instructional responsibilities will be to teach lectures and labs in Biology major courses, including lower-level Anatomy and Human Physiology and 300-level Animal Physiology. Some General Education courses may be part of the teaching load, for a total load of 12 credit-hours each semester. Responsibilities will also include pre-health advising and mentorship of students in our post-baccalaureate and undergraduate Biology programs. Experience in the biomedical field is desirable.
- Doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Biology or closely related field;
- Minimum two years of college-level teaching experience;
- Ability to teach courses in the biomedical sciences, specifically anatomy and human/animal physiology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan courses and prepare syllabi in biology and anatomy/physiology;
- Make use of appropriate technology, learning software, and the course management system (Blackboard/Brightspace) in course delivery;
- Communicate effectively with students regarding course content, assignments, and exams;
- Keep regular office hours for students, providing tutoring assistance as needed;
- Provide academic and career advice to pre-health students (both undergraduate and post-baccalaureate) and help with preparation for entrance to professional programs;
- Participate in College programs to recruit and retain students.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, short statement of teaching experience, and contact information for three references. We also ask that all candidates submit a short personal statement that details how they will work to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. All applications received will be given full consideration until the job is filled. All application materials should be sent to email@example.com
About Marymount Manhattan College:
Marymount Manhattan College (MMC) is an independent, private, dynamic, liberal arts college on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Faithful to the vision of its founders, the College has a long history of reaching out to diverse populations in need of higher education. The College student body continues to become more diverse as we recruit students from underrepresented groups, including more first-generation-, LGBTQIA+-, and ethnically diverse students from a national pool. Providing a small college experience in the heart of the city, MMC enrolls approximately 2,000 students with an 11:1 student-teacher ratio. We emphasize community-based and hands-on learning. MMC graduates identify themselves as creative changemakers. At Marymount Manhattan College, we fundamentally believe that creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community is a goal to be fervently pursued and translated into action. We place importance on culturally competent faculty who demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusivity, and who will work towards these values. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about our commitment to diversity, please go to https://www.mmm.edu/offices/presidents-office/diversity-inclusion.
Marymount Manhattan College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly