DEAN OF STUDENTS
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
DEAN OF STUDENTS
Position number: B99888
Salary: $68,000 - $73,000
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
Master’s degree with a minimum three years prior experience in administration, higher education, student services or teaching. Must have the ability to integrate multiple activities and programs in support of the goals of the college. Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Maintain established work schedule including some evenings, weekends, and travel to all Motlow campuses.
The Dean of Students serves as a student advocate, fosters students’ personal growth, resolves student scheduling matters past published deadlines and minor disciplinary issues, develops collaborative relationships with campus constituents to strengthen holistic student supports, and advances awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate students regarding college policies and their rights on campus.
- Serve as ombudsperson for students, assisting students with the resolution of issues when appropriate and referring them to on-and off-campus resources.
- Serve as ambassador for the College with alumni, parents, students, community leaders, and professional colleagues.
- Seek professional development opportunities for all college employees related to service improvements for students.
- Regularly attend student events on all campuses.
- Direct the supervision of college and student sponsored activities.
- Participate in Student Government Association activities on all campuses.
- Lead and promote college experiences designed to prepare all students for both career and life readiness.
- Coordinate co-curricular learning and service opportunities.
- Provide oversight and coordination of student disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Resolve, mediate student concerns, conflicts and/or behaviors as they relate to College policies, procedures, or participation in College programs, classes, or activities.
- Serve as primary contact regarding student schedule adjustment and registration issues past the published deadlines.
- Serve as the primary holistic student support channel by advocating in both the internal and external college communities for student success needs based on data-driven evidence; for example, ensure needs such as food pantries, refrigerators, etc. are examined.
- Champion a student culture of equity and inclusion.
- Assist in implementing continuous improvement efforts, goal setting, strategic planning, and assessment for the Dean of Students office.
- Develop and monitor budget for assigned area.
- Chair and/or serve on designated committees as appropriate.
- Attend professional development to stay abreast of current student support strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.