Washburn Institute of
seeks applications for an adjunct Certified Nurse
Aide/Home Health Aide/Certified Medication Aide Technical
Instructor for Fall 2021. This position is an evening instructor at
Washburn Tech’s East Campus.
- Two years of verifiable full-time experience in clinical
practice as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
- An unencumbered Kansas nursing license.
- A registered nurse with a minimum of an Associate degree in
- An instructor number for CNA courses or long-term care
experience with the ability to obtain an instructor’s number from
the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Approved HHA instructor number or CMA instructor number from
Adjunct Technical Instructors are expected to be positive role
models for students.
Availability or class schedule:
- Develop a curriculum according to course competencies on each
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the lab.
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective
equipment for all individuals in the lab environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e. Certification
testing and the assessment plan).
- Evaluate students’ work, administer tests, provide feedback to
students, and assign grades.
- Share (as appropriate) student information with student
services and the dean’s office.
- Use the university’s learning management system to track grades
- Adhere to college and University policies and perform
additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
- Classes are conducted Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Additional clinical hours may be available
Please email your cover letter, CV/Resume to Pam Masters, email@example.com
. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a
background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching
focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the
diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates
who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that
fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and
we encourage applications from members of groups that have been
historically underrepresented in higher education. Application
materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will
contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and
inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal
access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or