Adjunct - C.N.A./H.H.A./C.M.A.
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for an adjunct Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide/Certified Medication Aide Technical Instructor for Fall 2021. This position is an evening instructor at Washburn Tech’s East Campus.
- Two years of verifiable full-time experience in clinical practice as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
- An unencumbered Kansas nursing license.
- A registered nurse with a minimum of an Associate degree in nursing.
- An instructor number for CNA courses or long-term care experience with the ability to obtain an instructor’s number from the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS).
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Approved HHA instructor number or CMA instructor number from KDADS.
Adjunct Technical Instructors are expected to be positive role models for students.
- Develop a curriculum according to course competencies on each course syllabus.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the lab.
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e. Certification testing and the assessment plan).
- Evaluate students’ work, administer tests, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Share (as appropriate) student information with student services and the dean’s office.
- Use the university’s learning management system to track grades as required.
- Adhere to college and University policies and perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Availability or class schedule:
- Classes are conducted Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Additional clinical hours may be available
Please email your cover letter, CV/Resume to Pam Masters, firstname.lastname@example.org . The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Nursing Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka