Communication and eCommerce Assistant
The CU Bookstore encourages applications for a Communication and eCommerce Assistant ! This entry level position serves as an assistant in the eCommerce and communication/marketing departments. The position serves as a store Manager on Duty on assigned days, serves as a backup for the eCommerce manager, assists with order fulfillment, and web product support. Communication duties include production of store signs, emails, and other promotional materials, lifestyle and product photography, photo editing, social media posts, video production, and support of store and campus events.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Book Store, owned and operated by the University of Colorado Boulder is your official store for CU merchandise. By shopping at the store that caters to the special needs of a university community, your dollars stay on campus to further the work of this nationally recognized institution.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Digital Communications for Web, Email, etc.
- Produce web promotional banners in partnership with the bookstore team.
- Photograph as needed, edit, and produce final images.
- Adjust schedules to take advantage of opportunities that arise, these can be planned or to take advantage of last-minute trends and opportunities.
- Build email communications in partnership with the bookstore team.
- This may include image design, subject line development, and loading and scheduling test send in email system.
- Coordinate product choices with the bookstore team.
- Communications should catch the eye of the viewer, drive clicks and conversions for the website and social media.
- Research retail and collegiate retail trends and ideas for implementation on social media and the website.
- Brainstorm and spend time developing new creative and engaging content for all mediums.
Marketing/Advertising Layout & Design
- Layout and design marketing/advertising materials under the direction of the bookstore team.
- Store signage, flyers, brochures, print and digital advertisements, etc.
- Craft specific store promotions, i.e. Grad Fair, Holiday Sales, etc. to be delivered in a variety of mediums. (Signage, emails, social, flyers, enter to win boxes, etc.)
- Design digital screen images for in-store displays, including animation.
- Designs will be completed in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign following brand standards.
- Ensure that items/materials are produced to the appropriate standards and specifications for RGB and CMYK and other specifications including files size, dimensions, etc.
- Brainstorm with and bring new promotional ideas to the team.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and management of social media initiatives across a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Build original audience-centered engaging social media content and suggest and implement new insights in partnership with the bookstore team.
- Understanding of the ever-changing social media landscape and how to adapt tactics rapidly.
- Answer questions, reply to comments, and engage in conversation on social media.
Photograph and Editing of Lifestyle, Scenic, and Merchandise Images
- Coordinate and photograph lifestyle photo-shoots both indoor and outdoor under the guidance of the eCommerce manager and Marketing department. This includes preparing clothing, arranging for models, planning shot lists, and locations. Images will be used for marketing/advertising needs, website promotions, social media, emails, and other communication needs.
- Photograph merchandise and product groupings for use in emails, social media, eCommerce sales, and other marketing/advertising needs. Design/style product groupings.
- Manage photography studio lighting and professional camera equipment.
- Photoshop- photo editing, processing, retouching, color correcting, product clean up, outlining silhouettes, masking, and shadows.
Manager on Duty & Customer Service Support
- Serve as a Manager on Duty, as assigned.
- Includes opening and closing the store, as well as serving as the main point of contact for student employees throughout business hours.
- Serve as a Customer Service Lead while working in-store.
- Be available to assist Student Workers with any customer service issue.
- Be available to accept and resolve customer service issues.
Order Fulfillment, eCommerce Manager, and Web Product Support
- Serve as a backup to the eCommerce Manager in the following areas:
- Oversight of the pick/pack/ship process.
- Oversight of the web production process.
- Work Leader for Student Employees.
- Write and edit scripts for video production.
- Make arrangements for video “talent” and production scheduling.
- Record all footage, both in and out of the studio.
- Edit footage to produce final video.
- Brainstorm with the team, develop, and execute video ideas for the website, social media, and other communication needs.
- Attend various information fairs and campus events representing the store.
- Assist with special projects, donation processing, sign placement, etc.
- Assist with in-store special events.
- Maintain organization of digital and print assets and department items including merchandise for donation, signs holders, etc. Organize and file appropriately for use across multiple platforms and user’s access.
- Keep skills and knowledge up to date on software programs and photography equipment.
- Run special errands on-campus & be available for other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer
The annual salary for this position is $46,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Creative. Be Flexible. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, media arts, or related field.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, HootSuite, Later, etc.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail.
- Portfolio of marketing/advertising design, video, and photography work.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Proficient with Canon camera equipment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time-management skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
Collegiate retailing or previous retail experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 5, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com