Assistant Director of Compliance- Athletics
The University of Colorado Boulder's Athletics Department encourages applications for an Assistant Director of Compliance! This position will assist the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and the Associate Director of Compliance with the day-to-day operations of the comprehensive NCAA, Pac-12 Conference and University Athletics compliance program, focusing on financial aid and monitoring.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Financial Aid liaison for Athletics Department including but not limited to renewals, reductions, cancellations, facilitate and store financial aid agreements, monthly room and board stipends, book list and international tax, at the direction of the Associate Director for Compliance. Assist with NLI program and financial aid projections.
- Day to day operation of Bylaw 17 monitoring including, but not limited to playing and practice season declaration, CARA logs and Time Management Plans. Utilize Teamworks and JumpForward platforms with student-athletes. Game Day Monitoring such as complimentary admissions and campus visits.
- Build and maintain sports wagering monitoring and educational systems for student-athletes, coaches, staff and external constituents. Assist Senior Associate AD with legislative collaboration, safeguard implementation and integrity planning.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Senior Associate Director for Athletics Compliance.
What You Should Know
- Work Schedule is 8 - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Occasional sporting event attendance required.
- The salary range is $45,000-$50,000.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation is available within department guidelines.
- Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Authentic. Be Game-Changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree. Equivalent combination of education and education may substitute
- Minimum one year NCAA Division I compliance experience.
What You Will Need
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong technology skills and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Detailed knowledge of the NCAA manual and LSDBi database system.
- Work toward a Master's or Juris Doctor Degree.
- Two years of experience with NCAA Division I FBS Compliance.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 6, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder