Manager Facility Operations Student Housing
Manager Facility Operations Student Housing
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Manager Facility Operations Student Housing
Provide leadership, planning and administration of operations for the student housing facility. Direct and manage budgets for a department of skilled personnel responsible for facility plant operations Oversee the maintenance of property, manage repair requests, pool maintenance and supervise assigned staff. Ensure compliance with EPA, FLSA, OSHA, NFPA and TDLR policies on a federal, state and local level.
**This position is considered critical to the operation and security of the district in all conditions and, therefore, are expected to report for duty as usual during emergency weather closures and be flexible to work varied hours and schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and recommend annual budget requests and assume responsibility for efficiently operating the facility within the approved budget.
- Ensure assigned campus is operational, well maintained, clean and environmentally safe at all times and to the satisfaction of the College President, Vice President of Facilities and Construction, Director of Facilities and Assistant Director of Facilities Operations. Respond in person, as needed, 24/7 to any campus problems/issues/emergencies that require the personal attention of the Manager Facility Operations or as requested by the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain efficient/effective preventive maintenance and energy conservation programs for HVAC equipment/systems, electrical/utility systems, and all other building systems.
- Provide technical and engineering assistance in troubleshooting operational problems with HVAC and all other building systems. Assist in the development and implementation of procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the assigned campus.
- Conduct applicant interviews and make recommendations for employment. Recruit, orient, train, evaluate and supervise a culturally diverse staff. Ensure all subordinates adhere to college policy and perform according to the essential job functions of their positions.
- Encourage the participation of full-time and part-time staff in college task forces, committees and councils, as well as in staff development activities. Develop and implement as needed, training programs for Facility Operations staff to include technical development, operations, maintenance and repair of all systems.
- Develop procedures and maintain proper written records for documenting maintenance and repair activities for all building systems. Develop and maintain a system for the installation, maintenance, repair and computerized recording of all keys and/or locking systems. Ensure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, ADA, and fire codes, federal/state/local ordinances, insurance requirements and any other applicable codes or ordinances.
- Assist, as requested by the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations with all construction and renewal/replacement projects.
- Develop and pursue construction punch list for resolution during warranty periods. Develop bid, contract, RFP/RFQ and all other specifications for areas of responsibility as needed or as requested by the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations.
- Perform as directed and consistent with Collin College policy, all duties assigned by the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations and the Director of Student Housing Operations.
- Participate in maintenance on call rotation for nights and weekends.
- Responsible for responding to all maintenance emergencies via on call cellphone given by Collin.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree in Plant Engineering from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of directly related experience in plant operations and/or student housing operations.
One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
An additional two (2) years of directly related experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
A higher-level degree than what is required for the job may be substituted for one (1) year of the required work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of apartment and pool maintenance
- Knowledge of buildings and equipment
- Knowledge of various departmental functions
- Knowledge of contractor provisions for maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of pertinent Collin College policies and procedures
- Knowledge of campus Renewal/Replacement needs
- Knowledge of building and city codes
- Knowledge of work order systems
- Knowledge of budget development, administration and monitoring
- Computer skills Analytical skills
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Teaching/training skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Ability to lead, direct, teach and train
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to understand and enforce college policies and procedures
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. Frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Majority of work performed outside or with exposure to risk. Frequent physical effort required
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $57,297.00 - 65,892.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney