Assistant Classroom Teacher
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: This benefited positions is 70% full-time and works Aug - mid May, with benefits continuing over 12 months.
The purpose of this position is to assist in maintenance and operation of a developmentally appropriate classroom in accordance with the policies and philosophies of the NIC Children's Center. Classroom assignments vary by age group and may include infant, toddler or preschool ages.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Supports individual children in meeting their basic developmental needs, including feeding and toileting
- Assists Classroom Teacher in planning, preparation, implementing, and individualizing, classroom curriculum.
- Assists Classroom Teacher in screenings, assessments and goal setting for children including collecting anecdotal records and portfolio entries.
- Maintains positive parent-teacher relationships through informal daily contact
- Works collaboratively with community and college-based volunteers.
- Assists in completing and submitting daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accident reports, attendance records, daily planning forms, etc.
- In absence of Classroom Teacher, takes the lead responsibility for the classroom
- Maintains a positive collaboration with all community partners.
- Attends all mandatory training as assigned each year. Maintains current PEDIATRIC CPR/First Aid certification. Meets required ICCP training requirements.
- Attends Center parent meeting and other functions such as Open House, Art Shows, etc.
- Attends all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Promotes awareness and acceptance of individual differences among children, families, and staff members in the program.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, collaborative agencies, and the community.
Education and Experience : High School diploma required. Working towards completing an Associate's degree or Applied Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education (or equivalent defined as at least 60 college/university credits with at least 30 college credits in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development (CD), EIElementary Education (ElEd), or Early Childhood Special Education) plus a minimum of six months related experience is required. On-going education toward an Associate’s Degree is required, with a completion deadline within 18 months.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Must have or obtain an Individual Child Care License from the City of Coeur d’Alene prior to beginning work. A temporary permit can be accepted to begin supervised work while licensing is in progress. To obtain the license, the license applicant must:
• Complete fingerprinting and criminal background check
• Submit evidence of current infant/child/pediatric first aid and CPR training valid through current licensing period, and
• Submit evidence of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test.
• Must have or be able to obtain within thirty (30) days of employment Idaho STARS Professional Development System Registration
• Must complete the ICCP training requirements within sixty (60) days of hire.
• Must complete Teaching Strategies Gold Reliability Certification within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient use of personal computers and peripheral devices includes printers and scanners.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create solutions for problems/situations dealing with children.
• Ability to prioritize, sequence and research work assignments.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: April 30, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: May 14, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene