Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistant | Digital Marketing Analyst
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. Responsibilities will include teaching courses and participating in activities directly related to scheduled instruction, including lecture, laboratory, clinical, performance, and coaching assignments; preparation for instruction; and student assessment activities.
Teaching Assistants must be knowledgeable about industry trends in digital marketing and able to share their own personal insight with students. Inspire diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help groups of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets, and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
- Deliver online small group sessions to a diverse group of learners and guiding them in their learning under the supervision of the lead instructor.
- Adapt your communication style to reﬂect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in Salesforce/ Canvas) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Ensure you are bringing the learning experience to life, building community, and enhancing relevance through drawing on your own industry experience.
- Provide relevant and timely feedback to students on formative and summative assessments and on client projects.
- Increase participant engagement using diﬀerent facilitation tactics.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Coach and guide students to be as employable as possible and support them to develop industry-standard portfolios.
- Commit to and empathize with young/mid-career people and disconnected populations.
- Provide diﬀerentiated and one-on-one support to motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges.
- Be available to co-lead class, host office hours, provide individualized student support, and complete data entry from 9a -5p, Monday-Friday.
- Engage in weekly professional development and training.
- Substitute for trainers in case of absence/attrition.
- Act professionally at all times, meeting Generation and college expectations and policies.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 2 years of industry experience in digital marketing and/or college degree in marketing or similar.
- Prior experience as a trainer not required but must be dedicated to developing skills for excellence in instruction and motivated to support learners.
- Certification in GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification) and Facebook Blueprint.
- Comfortable with communicating to large and small groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- Prepared to share personal insight in the industry and profession with students.
- Passion for inspiring diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help your group of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets, and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Marketing & Sales Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Digital Media Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens