Head Coach - Women's Fastpitch Softball
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: This benefited position is full-time, year round
Under minimal supervision, this position manages all phases of the women’s softball program in compliance with the philosophies and objectives of the Athletic Department. Assumes responsibility for adherence to rules and regulations governing the College and the Northwest Athletic Conference.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Manages and directs the women’s softball program.
- Coaches the softball team.
- Manages all aspects of the team including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing and scheduling.
- Directs all aspects, areas, and components of the women’s softball team (i.e.; defense, offense, and/or various individual positions).
- Responsible for student-athlete retention, academic tracking and transfer.
- Recruits student-athletes in accordance with Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments and home visits.
- Represents the women’s softball program to various institutional programs and works externally with the media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
- Manages the financial operation of the women’s softball program.
- Assist the Athletic Director with the marketing and promoting of the softball program.
- In coordination with the Athletic Director, prepares a yearly budget and responsibly expends the allocated budget to ensure that the budget balances each fiscal year.
- In coordination with the NIC Athletics Coordinator manages the Booster Club’s budget for the women’s softball program.
- Monitors NWAC policies and procedures applicable to the intercollegiate program.
- Manages the assistant coach(es), volunteer assistant coaches, and graduate assistant coaches.
- Manages the daily operations of the women’s softball program to include game scheduling and team travel arrangements.
- Prepares game summary stories for the website at the conclusion of all relevant team activities.
- Performs fundraising activities and assists the Athletic Director and the Booster Club to solicit donations and sponsorship from select donors according to fundraising policy.
- Aids and assists in designated Booster Club projects.
- Participates on departmental and institutional committees as assigned.
- Attends coaching meetings scheduled by the Athletic Director.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with their supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of two years full-time (or four years part-time) related experience and/or training.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Current CPR/First Aid Certification (upon hire)
Current valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to recruit and coach highly talented student-athletes.
• Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the college and NWAC.
• Ability to hire and supervise qualified assistants and student workers.
• Ability to market and promote assigned sports program.
• A proven record in following directives and being responsible for task which have been assigned.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
• Ability to attend seminars, meetings and other professional development opportunities at or away from NIC.
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational polices and activities.
• Ability to integrate resources, policies and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes.
• Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision as needed.
• Ability to apply budgeting and fiscal planning techniques within financial constraints.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to represent the department and NIC in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to responds to emergency situations in a timely manner.
• Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: April 30, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: May 14, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene