Assistant Director, Scheduling Strategic Analytics
Assistant Director, Scheduling Strategic Analytics
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$75,000 yr - $120,000 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$36.06 per hour
The strategic analytics assistant director will investigate and unpack the nuances of the schedule and inform the direction and practices to refine the student centric scheduling efforts. It is expected this individual hold strong talents in formulating research questions, data collection, data cleaning, and data analysis that can be applied to better understanding and improving scheduling at Dallas College. Understanding the challenges faced by higher educational institutions is preferred and should inform the framework of the student centric scheduling. This position will collaborate across departments such as institutional research and student services and establish regular reporting findings.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Experience using relational databases and ability to manipulate data using SQL preferred
· Strong background in excel modelling, including comfort using pivot tables, filters, index-matches, Vlookups, and if-statements to draw insights and ensure accuracy of data
· Strategic thinker who is able to use a data-driven approach to translate a question into data analysis, insights and recommendation for action creatively, accurately and independently
· Close attention to detail when working with large data sets to guarantee high accuracy rates
· Experience managing a team, effectively deploying direct reports against analytical problems, and ensuring quality control of team’s output
· Experience leading or managing major change initiatives preferred
· Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity
· An appreciation of shared governance and evidence of strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administration, faculty, students, staff, and other constituent groups and partners, both within and outside a college or university with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
· Strong working relationship and ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other academic leaders. Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· The ability to respond appropriately to issues in a dynamic, rapidly changing educational/economic environment
· Demonstrated ability to work creatively and collaboratively in a fast-moving office environment
· A broad knowledge of the philosophy and mission of community colleges preferred
· Provides excellent customer service
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher required as confirmed by official transcripts
· Three (3) years in a managerial role that includes data analytics, cross-functional communication, and technical skills; experience in student scheduling a plus
· Knowledge and exposure to scheduling practices or similar context preferred. Direct experience conducting academic scheduling a plus.
· Demonstrated experience working with data and leading teams to make data based decisions
· Demonstrated successful experience in strategic planning, resource allocation and personnel supervision
*** Will be subject to criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Conducts complex analyses using scheduling data in an as-needed basis (e.g., right-sizing, enrollment growth, KPIs)
· Innovates on reporting needs
· Assists AST team leaders in the execution of schedule build
· Liaises with IT regarding internal processes
· Maintains current technology and innovates with current processes
· Leads scheduling team Data Analysts and ensures quality of analyses
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Reports to: Director of Academic Scheduling
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Campus assignment may vary for this position.
Advertised: 30 Apr 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 May 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas