Sr. Administrative Assistant
University Code 19011 University Title Administrative Assistant 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Sr. Administrative Assistant Position Number 586870 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position supports executive leadership and general Massey Cancer Center ( MCC ) operations and reports to the Director’s Executive Assistant. Manages calendars, prioritizes multiple issues, and holds responsibility for successful follow-through. Resolves issues by using administrative guidelines and established University and VCUHS policies and procedures. Plans and coordinates special events. Handles telephone calls and requests, mail services, office supplies and other duties. Provides fiscal administrative support through preparing/processing travel and other expense authorizations and reimbursements, registrations and accommodations. Provides additional administrative support for other areas within MCC including covering the front desk.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with attention to detail in all written correspondence.
• Excellent customer service skills with a diverse customer base.
• Demonstrated experience and excellence coordinating/managing division activities/tasks and projects and synchronizing input from multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical/decision-making skills.
• Excellent ability to multitask (e.g. working with faculty, administrative teams and programs)
• Excellent organizational understanding and effective time management skills.
• Excellent computer (MicroSoft Office Suite), clerical, and organizational skills.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Must be willing to learn new skills and have strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse team setting (e.g., on and off site research colleagues, consultants and outside agencies). Must be able to work in a diverse environment.
•Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Prior experience supporting a physician with administrative tasks. Bachelor’s degree.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 8-5 Job Open Date 04/30/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105692 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience working and communicating
within a diverse population.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please give us an example of when you have had to juggle
tasks and prioritize and explain the steps you took to do
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe how you manage your time when you are not
assigned a project or problem.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond