Dir of Annual Giving and Donor Relations
University Code 15913 University Title Administrator 3, Development University Job Family Development ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Dir of Annual Giving and Donor Relations Position Number FA2850 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to expand and execute the Annual Giving program for Massey Cancer Center; Build the Leadership Annual Giving, Major and Planned Giving pipelines from identified annual giving and event prospects; Manage the Annual Giving Team’s communication and delivery of Massey Cancer Center’s goals to donors and prospects through the management of the team’s face to face personal solicitations and stewardship visits; Lead the strategic planning and development of events as a multi-faceted component of Massey’s fundraising, community relations and stewardship efforts. This position will ensure proper stewardship of annual giving and event donors, craft unrestricted giving messaging for Massey Cancer Center including materials to support directive, and manage Leadership Annual Giving Officer, Senior Annual Giving Coordinator, and Community Engagement Officer positions. This position will assist with development office functions and special projects as needed.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Minimum of three to five years of successful fundraising experience, preferably in a medical and/or academic environment.
• Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
• Experience managing annual giving and events staff.
• Self-starter with energy and follow-through, with demonstrated success in working with advisory boards and solicitor groups.
• Experience in tracking and analyzing fundraising metrics and results.
• Knowledge of data-mining, research, reporting, and moves management for current and prospective donors.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated success in persuasive communications and time management.
• Superior customer service skills and ability to relate to people at all business and social levels, to respect the urgency of donor inquiries or actions in a professional manner, ability to adjust work schedule to meet tight deadlines or event functions.
• Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with development/fund raising database systems.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong grammar and proofreading skills with attention to detail.
• Experience working in a confidential environment; ability to function independently or as a team player in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Experience creating organized record systems.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment, or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 04/13/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105115 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What experience do you have supervising or managing
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with grateful patient fundraising?
(Open Ended Question)
- * VCU has over 18 fundraising schools or units with anywhere
from 50-75 development officers. Talk with us about how you would
work collaboratively with colleagues across the schools, units and
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond