Administrative Assistant for College of Arts and Sciences
Job Title Administrative Assistant for College of Arts and Sciences Posting Number S912P Classification Title
To provide administrative support to the College of Arts and Sciences by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reports to Dean and provides administrative support to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
2. Works with faculty and other offices on campus to facilitate programs that would recruit and retain students.
3. Creates, organizes, and implements events to cultivate and strengthen relationships with current students, alumni, and community partners.
4. Promotes the College and its activities through multi-media marketing, communication, and social media.
5. Assists in preparing and analyzing reports related to efficiency and trends in higher education and industry.
6. Assists with specific projects related to the long-term goals of the University and College, such as strategic planning and fiscal responsibility.
7. Assists in meeting the various students’ needs.
8. Composes and prepares confidential, reports, and other complex documents.
9. Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
10. Serves as receptionist for the College, greeting visitors to the office, providing information and materials, and answers and screens College’s telephone calls.
11. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records.
12. Participates in the College’s annual budget preparations, prepares and processes requisitions, and maintains detailed financial records and reports.
13. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
14. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes; processes and distributes incoming mail.
15. Manages the College’s office and workroom; orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance for the CAS workroom.
16. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University and the College of Arts and Sciences.
17. Performs other duties that are specific to the College.
This position is responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors degree (BA or BS); or two to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 04/30/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6477 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside