Assistant Professor - Leadership, Middle and Secondary Education - Higher Education Administration
Assistant Professor - Higher Education Administration
College of Education, Health, and Human Studies
Department of Leadership, Middle, and Secondary Education
- Teach the equivalent of 12 hours per semester (primarily graduate)
- Coordinate and advise Higher Education Administration Masters program
- Move Higher Education Administration Masters program to online
- Make sustained progress towards Tenure and Promotion
- Earned Ph.D./Ed.D in Higher Education Administration/Leadership, or an Education field
- Minimum of three years working experience in in Higher Education
- Knowledge of current trends in Higher Education Administration/Leadership
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the college/university level
- Evidence of potential for scholarly work such as grants, research and or publications
- Evidence of having integrated technology appropriately into instruction, including online teaching
- Evidence of positive interaction with students including but not limited to advising
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the college and university community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline: Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2021 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by June 1 , 2021 .
Required Information : To apply, submit the following items online by clicking on the Apply button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position required requirements
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name and contact information of three current professional references
Department of Leadership, Middle, and Secondary Education at Southeast Missouri State University has an award-winning teacher preparation program that is CAEP accredited and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE). Additionally, online graduate programs are offered in Secondary Education in Educational Studies and Educational Technology, Teacher Leadership, K-12 Educational Administration.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges, 10,000 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,050. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge