Information Technology Specialist II - Microcomputer Support
Job Posting Title Information Technology Specialist II - Microcomputer Support Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location Library And Technical Services Posting Number C01466P The Institution
Cosumnes River College ( CRC ) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top ten most diverse two-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four-year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied health, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like the Puente Project, Umoja DIOP Scholars, and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First-Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
This is an experienced Information Technology Specialist II or equivalent who has broad levels of responsibility, works in more complex system environments, works with multiple PC platforms and operating systems, or is primarily responsible for a major technical area. Incumbent performs duties with minimal supervision. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here ].
This position is assigned to the Library And Technical Services department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details.)
Determines requirements, installs, configures and maintains desktop operating systems, virtual environments, and application software and hardware in an organization-wide, networked environment. Assists end users with hardware and software applications and/or network usage problems and provides problem resolution; troubleshoots and repairs microcomputers by replacing components and rebuilding and upgrading with new and/or used components; and troubleshoots system problems to provide continued operation through permanent solutions or ways to work around the problems. Serves as technical advisor to college and District staff; assists staff with the planning for new systems or system upgrades; works with college and District Office technicians, specialists, and analysts to maintain college and District-wide systems integrity; and determines necessity and extent of software and hardware upgrades for student use, college staff, administrators, and/or faculty. Develops specifications, descriptions, and operating instructions; performs system analysis on projects of moderate scope; and resolves network connectivity problems on local area network. Manages active directory objects, network shares and network services. Performs first-level problem resolution as assigned by help desk; ensures microcomputers and servers are in compliance with licenses and copyright laws; and researches new technology, evaluates feasibility, and provides draft requisitions for computers and computer related materials. Maintains a depot of spare components for microcomputer repair; surpluses microcomputers and related components; mentors and oversees the work of student assistants and junior technicians; and updates and maintains industry knowledge as related to job functions. Performs related duties as required.
Additional Information Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION An Associate degree in computer science or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and two years in class of Information Technology Specialist I; OR, an Associate degree in computer science or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and four years experience directly related to job duties; OR, a combination of training and/or experience totaling six years that is likely to have provided the required level of knowledge and abilities.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (required)
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Letter of Interest (required)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $6,337.76 per month Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 05/02/2021 Closing Date 05/25/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15324 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- Please copy and paste the link below, then read and review the
CRC Statement concerning the value of cultural competence. Link:
I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of Cultural
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5