Faculty (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor)
The American University in the Emirates invites Ph.D. holder applicants for full-time faculty (Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Instructor). The faculty required will be teaching in one or more of the below Specializations:
Academic Year: 2021-2022
College of Business Administration (Ph.D. Holder is a must)
- Human Resources
- Sports Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership / Project Management
- Equine Management
College of Media and Mass Communication (Ph.D. Holder is a must)
- College Dean
- Radio / TV
- PR (English and Arabic Program)
- International Relations / Cultural Studies
- Digital Media Studies
College of Computer and Information Technology (Ph.D. Holder is a must)
- College Dean
- Digital Forensics
College of Law (Ph.D. Holder is a must)
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Commercial Law
College of Security and Global Studies (Ph.D. Holder is a must)
- Disaster / Risk / Emergency Management
College of Education (Master Holder and teaching experience is a must)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Instruction Language: English
- 24 credit hours per academic year for faculty members having a Ph.D. and Master of Fine Arts.
- 30 credit hours per academic year for faculty members having a Master of Arts or Master of Science (Applicable only for General Education Courses)
Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education
- Ph.D. in the related field of Computer Science & Information Technology from an accredited university in the United States of America
- 18 credit hours of graduate studies in the required field
- Minimum one research publication in Scopus journals
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
Skills / Training / Knowledge
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
Teaching / Class Activities
Professional Development Activities
- Expected to present research and practice-driven teaching
- Adapt to the latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in the area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Provide academic advising and guidance to the students in the program's learning outcomes, curriculum planning, and career planning.
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biasness.
- Contributes to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignments or projects such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline and to the community.
- Acquire latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology-related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars and training.
American University in the Emirates – Dubai International Academic City – Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
Apply for Faculty (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Media Studies Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates