Assistant Professor - Faculty of International Tourism and Management
Ref. No: #21221-FITM03
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Assistant Professor in Hotel Management; Smart Tourism; Cultural Tourism; Event Management; Food and Beverage Management; Spa Management
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the faculty program development, successful candidates will be responsible in duties includes: (i) teaching; (ii) supervision and coordination of student’s professional practice and dissertations; and (iii) facilitate research activity and exchange relevant to the program.
- At Assistant Professor or equivalent academic title, or meet all the following conditions:
- Holder of a Doctoral degree in Tourism and Hospitality Business, Hotel Management, Intelligence Tourism, MICE Management, Food and Beverage Management, Leisure and Spa Management or related field from an accredited institution;
- Certain academic research ability with potential development and clear scientific research planning;
- Able to teach at least two related compulsory courses independently;
- Able to assist supervising postgraduate students;
- Clear research topics and research experience in Tourism and Hospitality Business, Service Industry Management, Business Management or related field
- Preference will be given to Macau residents.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants' academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5%-7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link http://www.cityuhr.edu.mo/Job/Login or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau. The above position will remain open until filled.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in August 2021.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**