Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities
The campus is located on 137 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in Portland’s southwest hills. Our strong commitment to sustainability is reinforced through recycling programs, energy conservation, alternative transportation options, and farm to fork initiatives. For benefit-eligible positions, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes options for health, dental, vision, tuition, life insurance, retirement and more.
Lewis & Clark College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
JOB SUMMARY The Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities is charged with the administration of the College of Arts and Sciences conduct system, including resolution of student misconduct referrals, maintenance of disciplinary databases and records, recommendation and implementation of policy revisions, and for design and delivery of educational programs and materials to address community issues and promote good citizenship among students. The Director chairs the institutional Welfare Intervention Network (WIN), coordinating threat assessment and intervention for community members of concern. The Director supervises the adjudication of formal complaints of Sexual Misconduct filed at Lewis & Clark. The Director offers alternative forms of dispute resolution, when appropriate, including transformative and restorative justices approaches. The Director in coordinating the College’s response to emergent and emergency situations involving students, ensures compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as well as maintains the College's student conduct database (currently Maxient). Application Requirements:
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement (details in application process)
- Chair the Lewis & Clark Welfare Intervention Network (WIN) and serve as a regular member of the Student Support Network (SSN).
- Serve as a member of the Student Life Leadership Team.
- Serve as a member of the Student Life On-Call rotation.
- Serve as Lewis & Clark site administrator for the Maxient conduct management database.
- Create and maintain the strategic plan, goals and objectives for the department of Student Rights and Responsibilities. Align goals and objectives to the Division of Student Life Strategic Direction.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Student Life and Dean of Students, assess and analyze student conduct trends and develop strategies to address prevalent issues.
- Serve on Division and College-wide committees at the direction of the Vice President of Student Life and Dean of Students.
- Responsible for the selection, training, supervision, evaluation, performance management, and discipline (if necessary) of the graduate assistant employees.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for department with a focus on the College's culture, mission and vision.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among employees.
- Establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Build and work with diverse teams effectively.
- Provide oversight of all conduct records to include: receiving and analyzing reports, maintaining confidential records, determining responsibility and imposing sanctions.
- Develop and implement a conflict resolution program, mediation program, and restorative justice initiative as part of the conduct process.
- Serve as the campus main point of contact for undergraduate student conduct issues.
- Appoint, train, assist, and advise hearing officers, investigators, conduct boards, and appeal officers, as outlined in the Lewis & Clark Student Code of Conduct.
- Manage timely completion of student conduct outcomes and associated documentation.
- Adjudicate administrative hearings.
- Receive referrals for sexual assault violations not covered by Title IX office.
- Work with Campus Safety and other College officials to ensure campus compliance with local and federal laws such as Title IX, Drug Free Schools & Communities Act, and the Clery Act.
- Collaborate with the Title IX Coordinator in cases of complaints alleging sexual misconduct, responsible for oversight of sexual misconduct hearings.
- Provide training and informational sessions to various College constituents and groups (i.e., New Student Orientation, Residence Assistants, Area Directors, faculty, parents).
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships across the College to include: Campus Living, Campus Safety, Counseling Services, Health Promotion & Wellness, Athletics, The College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office, Registrar, and Faculty.
- Master’s degree
- 3 years of experience in higher education student affairs administration.
- Knowledge of student development theory and student conduct processes
- Knowledge of applicable laws such as Clery Act, Title IX, the Campus Sexual Violation Elimination (Campus SaVE) Act, and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Demonstrated success in dealing with students, staff, faculty, and parents.
- Higher education experience.
- 5 years of progressive responsibility in student affairs administration, specifically with a conflict resolution/student conduct.
- Experience facilitating a spectrum of conflict resolution strategies, including restorative practices, mediation, and shuttle diplomacy.
- Experience working at a residential, liberal arts College.
- 37.5 hrs/week
- Benefits Eligible: YES
- Commensurate with Experience
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland