Manager, General Accounting
University of Idaho
Manager, General Accounting
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $76,683 to $86,300 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the general direction of the University Controller, the General Accounting Manager (“Manager”) is responsible for operation of the General Accounting Department within the Division of Finance and Administration Controller's Office. Providing supervision of a team of professional accountants and asset managers, managing the workload assignments, and ensuring the timely completion of work. Managing the financial reporting of the University including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and related audits; responding to rating agency requests; State Board of Education reporting; other internal and external requests. Maintain good working relationships with internal and external auditors. The Manager will remain current, and ensure that staff is trained and kept current, with generally accepted accounting principles and Governmental Accounting Standards Board pronouncements, state sales tax and IRS compliance and proper use of the financial and reporting systems of the institution. Manage cash and investments of the University. Must possess high level of financial analytical skills combined with highly effective written and verbal communication. Responsible for monitoring internal control processes and procedures with respect to University financial processes, financial reporting and asset ownership. Also responsible for ensuring timely response to questions, issues and reporting/analytical needs of both internal and external parties.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business with at least 20 semester credit hours in accounting.
- 8+ years experience in a complex accounting environment, including at least 2 years of supervisory/manager experience.
- Experience applying GAAP principles in a professional setting.
- Master’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Professional certification, i.e., CPA, CMA.
- Accounting experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with governmental accounting and GASB guidance.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner or another enterprise financial system.
- Experience establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- High working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting systems; Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with process improvement practices.
- Professional attitude toward working hours.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002804P
Posting Date: 04/29/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
For the required Letter of Qualification document, provide examples of how you meet the required experience and applicable additional preferred experience listed in the job description.
Review of applications will begin on June 8, 2021. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by that date.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.