University of Idaho
Division/College: Finance & Administration
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.69 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Financial Specialist will primarily support Auxiliary Services, but may also support other units served by the shared services team as workload allows. This position works within a team environment, using multiple systems to administer accounts payable and receivable to maintain fiscal integrity.
The Financial Specialist is funded by state funds and supports the shared services model while located within Auxiliary Services.
Auxiliary Services staff members are expected to demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to providing excellent customer service.
High School diploma or GED
Minimum 2 years professional work experience in bookkeeping, administrative support or office management that demonstrates ability to:
• Interpret, apply, and explain policies and procedures;
• Research and compile financial information and prepare summaries and reports in a spreadsheet application;
• Use computers to enter, retrieve and edit financial data;
• Work independently and as part of a team;
• Edit and write business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials;
• Work in a customer service environment;
• Use computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the University of Idaho’s BANNER database system, specifically the Finance and Human Resource modules, and the Administrative Procedures manual;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Missouri Book System software;
Knowledge of University of Idaho policies and procedures;
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Physical ability to work at computer for long periods of time.
Posting Number: SP002807P
Posting Date: 04/29/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by May 16, 2021 will receive first consideration.
In your cover letter, using details and examples, please address all of the required and preferred qualifications for this position and how your experience and skills align. The information provided in your cover letter will be used to determine eligibility for an interview, and demonstrate your communications skills.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.