University of Idaho
Location: Off Campus Location - Aberdeen
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.53 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position will perform farming, irrigation, and maintenance duties in support of research related to irrigated potatoes, forage, and grain crops at the Aberdeen R&E Center under the general direction of the Farm Supervisor or other staff as designated by the Superintendent.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of a variety of diesel and gasoline powered farm equipment.
- Safe use of electrical and hand operated shop tools.
- Thorough knowledge of methods used in agricultural crop production.
- Ability to keep complete and accurate records.
- Ability to work well with others; effectively supervise temporary and non-skilled workers.
- Experience with irrigation systems and general irrigated agricultural.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move up to 80 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002802P
Posting Date: 04/29/2021
Closing Date: 5/16/2021
Open Until Filled: No
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.