Farm Operations Foreman
University of Idaho
Farm Operations Foreman
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $20.00 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position works under the general guidance of the Operations Manager to manage all aspects of field, equipment, and Foundation Seed operations for the UI Aberdeen R&E Center, and ensures that the Center provides high quality support to resident UI, USDA-ARS, and USDA-NRCS research scientists. Critical elements of management include: hiring, training, and supervising the Center's full-time and IH farm staff; overseeing complex plant production protocols associated with research projects; purchasing and maintaining vehicles and equipment essential to Center operations; and coordinating day-to-day field operations. This position is central to the successful completion of the Center's research mission.
- Two (2) years of experience supervising in an agricultural setting.
- Four (4) years of agricultural experience.
- Experience in: working in a team environment to accomplished shared goals; following good safety practices; keeping records.
- Experience in: irrigated farming and farm management techniques, including equipment operation and maintenance and crop management practices.
- Two (2) years of college training in agricultural mechanics or production.
- Knowledge of the requirements of field research.
- Experience running, troubleshooting and effecting minor repairs of farm equipment, tools and machinery.
- Ability to work with a variety of people; explain procedures and train others.
- Knowledge of proper chemical application safety procedures.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move up to 75 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002801P
Posting Date: 04/29/2021
Closing Date: 5/16/2021
Open Until Filled: No
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.