Director, International Student Services, School of Business Global MBA Program
The Global MBA Director is responsible for reviewing applications, admitting students, advising students, enrolling for classes, data analysis, and support for the Global MBA program in the School of Business.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference in business or a closely-related field
- Excellent written grammar skills in English and Mandarin
- Excellent electronic and face-to-face communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Proficiency with the use of technology such as databases, MS Office (especially excel), and Outlook e-mail/calendar
- Master of Business Administration, preferably from an AACSB-accredited university
- Sales skills and making presentations to a group or one-on-one
- Experience in higher education, advising, or counseling
- Understanding of higher education academic and administrative policies, procedures, and information systems
- Experience in advising distance students
- Serve as a primary resource and champion for the graduate students in the Global MBA program
- Screen applications and accumulate metrics for the program in relation to potential applicants in cojunction with the Graduate School and the Office of International Education
- Advise and coordinate faculty and staff in preparing travel to China
- Advise students about degree requirements and academic policies
- Process forms to maintain student records
- Monitor academic progress and performance of advisees
- Maintain and update orientation and contact with/knowledge of student support services to help students connect to valuable resources
- Work closely with the University’s graduate, international education, registrar, and other offices in supporting the graduate student population in the Global MBA
- Coordinate the correct recording of student grades for all classes
- Strict allegience to practices that protect student privacy
- Serves as the primary liaison between ESU and DKCF, our partner in China.
- Prepare reports, including statistical summaries of student data, etc.
- Assist the Associate Dean in creating opportunities for faculty and students to engage in meaningful activities that support the teaching and learning process
- Strong work ethic
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin, including listening
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks at once
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to work collaboratively with a variety of diverse constituents including students, parents, faculty, and administrators
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information (including name, email, and phone number) of three references at https://bit.ly/3eHvuY3. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications. A pre-employment background check is required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.