Director of the Master of Science in Community Counseling
Rogers State University is accepting applications for the Director of MS Community Counseling. This is a new graduate program in the Department of Psychology and Sociology, School of Arts and Sciences. The Director of Master of Science in Community Counseling Program (MSCC) will oversee the development and implementation of a new graduate program. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to shape the direction of the program. This program is slated to begin educating students in the fall of 2021.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Experience as a faculty member and/or program administrator is required;
• Commitment and alignment with Rogers State University’s Mission is essential;
• Must be able to work with diverse populations;
• Regular or daily contact with administration, faculty, staff, and students;
• Regular contact with the general public.
• Strong background in developing new programs is preferred;
• Experience in accreditation procedures is strongly preferred.
• Doctorate in counseling or a related field that meets Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health Program Director Standards.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
• A license to practice (e.g., LCP) or credentials to be license-eligible in Oklahoma.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Develop an approved curriculum for the MSCC that complies with Oklahoma licensure standards for professional counseling;
• Prepare students in the program to sit for the National Counselor Exam (NCE) and the Oklahoma Legal and Ethical Responsibilities Exam (OLERE) required by the Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health for application as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) candidate;
• Recruit talented and passionate graduate students;
• Ensure compliance with the Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health Licensing and the University’s regional accrediting body – Higher Learning Commission;
• Develop policies and procedures for the MSCC program;
• Establish training partnerships in Rogers County, Tulsa, and Northeast Oklahoma.
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Student Workers
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremore
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremore
- Psychology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremore
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremore
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremore