Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
Bay State College invites applications for the position of Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs. A member of the College's academic leadership team who reports directly to the Chief Academic Officer (CAO), the Assistant Dean supports Academic Affairs as it develops and implements innovative academic programming that is outward looking, inclusive, and relevant to the demands of a 21st century workplace.
The Assistant Dean supports the CAO in the oversight of Bay State’s three academic divisions in Nursing and Health Sciences; Business and Computer Science; and Arts and Sciences. The Assistant Dean represents Academic Affairs in its collaboration with staff from departments across the College, including Student and Alumni Services, Student Financial Services, Marketing and Communications, and Continuing and Professional Education.
- Support curricular and co-curricular program development, implementation, assessment, and revision.
- Oversee the learning outcomes assessment process and program review process.
- Evaluate and report on relevant data that support assessment and program improvement.
- Manage divisional initiatives as determined by the CAO.
- Assist in the administration of the divisions, including budgets, data, and related reports.
- Work with Division Chairs to develop and manage the master schedule of courses.
- Collaborate with Division Chairs and other College staff to support professional development and training.
- Oversee Learning Commons.
- Assist with the writing and compilation of accreditation documents and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- A minimum of three years’ college teaching experience.
- A minimum of three years’ college administrative experience.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Sedentary work. Employees may occasionally be required to exert up to 10 to 15 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Floating and Birthday Holiday
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Personal Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email a current resume and cover letter to HumanResources@baystate.edu. Please include Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs and your full name in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boston
- Deans Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boston