Assistant or Associate Professor, Business Analytics
This is a tenure track faculty position teaching in the School of Business and Economics (SBE). Focus will be on quantitative courses related to business analytics and data science. Academic rank dependent on qualifications, credentials and experience.
The successful candidate will
- provide quality teaching, advise students within SBE, perform service to the SBE/University, and engage in scholarly activities.
- play a significant role in creating, developing, and teaching the Business Analytics program at the undergraduate level.
- teach additional courses (on campus and/or online) in the School of Business & Economics as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A PhD or DBA with an emphasis in Business Analytics or a closely related analytics-oriented field from an AACSB accredited program. An ABD (All-but-Dissertation) will be considered, if and only if the doctorate degree is granted before the starting date
- Previous teaching experience in business analytics or related courses at the college level.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Proficiency in Excel, R, SQL, MS PowerBI, Tableau, Python, data mining tools, data analytics, simulation, or other analytic software
- Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom
- Interest in business community engagement
- Evidence of quality scholarship leading to publication and scholarly activity in relevant professional societies and public outreach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative and engaging. She or he will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. A candidate who incorporates issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply. She or he must demonstrate ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
UW-Superior offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for eligible dependents.
January 11, 2022 for Spring 2022 or August 25, 2022 for Fall 2022
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will commence at 8:00 a.m. on September 3, and will continue until the position is filled.