Medical Assistant Certificate Program Coordinator
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college serving over 4,800 people annually in credit courses and credit-free workshops. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that incorporates universal design principles to meet the needs of all our students. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Greenfield Community College is seeking to hire a full-time faculty member for the Medical Assisting Certificate program. This externally accredited program is a core of the health sciences at GCC and the faculty coordinator will be an essential member of the instructional staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the program and providing administrative oversight for all areas of the Medical Assistant program.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates, and implements all elements of the Medical Assisting program.
- Plans and implements course schedule each academic term.
- Collaborates with faculty to ensure the delivery of industry-specific curriculum.
- Develops materials for external accreditation.
- Coordinates with the divisional Dean on matters related to retention and completion.
- Instructs courses or portions thereof within the program as appropriate.
- Assists Admissions office as needed to coordinate a smooth application/admissions process.
- Coordinates with Health Records Office to ensure all students are in compliance by college and clinical site standards.
- Participates in the formulation of the program's budget and administers it within the prescribed limits established by the college.
- Performs annual inventory of supplies, ensures maintenance of equipment, performs various administrative tasks associated with assigned projects; answers questions relating to area of assignment; prepares and processes documentation; compiles or monitors data pertaining to project/activities; coordinates special events/activities; organizes, maintains, and manages records.
- Ensures completion of required departmental documentation within designated timeframes including but not limited to: general correspondence, reports, forms, graduation applications, or annual reports, registration forms, manuals, policies, procedures, or reference materials. Distributes documentation or retains records as appropriate.
- Interacts with various agencies/individuals (i.e. attends meetings; attends college-related events; communicates with department, students, alumni, faculty members, other school officials, the public, local businesses, outside agencies, vendors, and other individuals) to coordinate activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems and promote the medical assisting certificate.
- Coordinates assigned practicum/clinical placements for Medical Assisting students, secures additional sites as needed and communicates with sites as needed.
- Develops strong online teaching and learning curricula.
- Increases catchment area by offering fully online didactic courses with on-site clinical supervision.
- Schedules and directs meetings and professional development activities (i.e. maintains a working knowledge of assigned area; maintains current knowledge of applicable state, federal, and local laws/regulations; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions).
- Performs any related duty as directed.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, or Health Career field
- Three (3) years related experience in the Medical Assistant field and a minimum of 160 hours of experience in an ambulatory setting employed as a Medical Assistant.
- Must have experience with the use of Electronic Health Records and Billing/Coding Procedures
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year teaching experience in postsecondary or vocational/technical education
- Graduated from an accredited program as well as have a current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty and staff.
- Be credentialed in good standing in medical assisting, by an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
NOTE: A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
- Community college teaching experience.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Greenfield Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Greenfield
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Greenfield
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Greenfield
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Greenfield
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Greenfield