Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (Clinical Track)
The Department of Family and Community Medicine has a a non-tenured clinical track faculty position available. Rank is commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Duties include direct patient care and participation if desired in the education of medical students and residents. The position is ambulatory but additional hospital practice with residents is an option. It is essential for the faculty members to support practicing evidenced based medicine with an emphasis on outcomes based analysis. The practice is a certified patient centered medical home practice.
Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
- Gradual ramping up of the patient volumes and productivity to the production targets within the period agreed to.
- Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
- Maintain required certifications and licensing
- Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations, orders for diagnostic services, and referrals to specialists.
- Be an active member of a clinical group practice. Faculty members are expected to share call responsibilities within the clinical group and provide medical care to the patients of other providers when they are not available.
- Attend the required number of FCM Medical Grand Rounds and faculty meetings.
- Meet or exceed all quality indicators as developed and assigned by community health program performance improvement committee.
- Maintain professionalism in relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
- All professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork must be completed/renewed well ahead of their expiration.
- Experience: Residency training in family medicine. No prior practice experience is required
- Education Required: M.D.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: License from Texas Medical Board required to practice medicine in the state of Texas. Board Certification in Family Medicine.
Interested candidates must complete this employment application to be considere and for further information or questions, please contact Roger Zoorob, MD at Roger.Zoorob@bcm.edu
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.