Animal Care Associate
The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. The Animal Care Associate supports activities related to research animal care and is responsible for monitoring and reinforcing standard operating procedures, policies, and requirements for animal care staff.
- Maintains and updates work schedules.
- Updates and maintains weekly work schedules and extra side duties for designated areas one week in advance taking into account any time off the following week.
- Updates and maintains weekend work schedules typically two months in advance taking into account any time off.
- Oversees cage wash, large animals, and small animals.
- Monitors staff and schedules staff assignments.
- Performs a weekly walk-through with leads over their designated areas to ensure work schedules are being followed and policies and procedures are being followed.
- Performs a weekly walk-through of the entire building to ensure the facility is in a clean, organized, and professional appearance.
- Works closely with new hires to train and ensure procedures are being followed. Areas include bio-hazard, quarantine, small animals, and large animals.
- Maintains constant communication.
- Holds daily morning lead meetings to discuss concerns from previous day or to delegate extra assignments.
- Holds weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed to review trainings and policies.
- Addresses any animal, staff/vet staff, and research personnel concerns in a confident and professional manner.
- Maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with all employees.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the research or animal care field.
- Must be comfortable with euthanasia.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston