Accounts Payable Administrator
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the Accounts Payable Administrator. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable function including accurate and timely processing of invoices; developing, documenting, and implementing workflow procedures for the purchase order system; evaluating, developing, and implementing policies and procedures to enhance internal controls. Organizational, interpersonal and time management skills and a customer service attitude are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains vendor records and responds to all vendor inquiries.
- Ensures accurate general ledger coding including tracking of costs for special projects and grants.
- Resolves any purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Maintains the purchase order system including regular reconciliation of outstanding PO’s.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations for accounts payable processing and record-keeping, including payments to non-US citizens, and all annual and periodic reporting.
- Provides periodic training on accounts payable matters as appropriate to other personnel and departments.
- Requires direct experience with an automated purchase order system.
- Strong computer skills, experience with ERP systems, and mid-level Excel skills.
- Requires general business management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Requires knowledge of and experience with accounting software and the ability to maintain a database and generate reports.
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines, sound decision-making skills, and a high level of accuracy.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a position responsible for all aspects of a complex accounts payable environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by May 28, 2021. Send resume with cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org please reference job code: AP21 in the email subject line
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland’s University Circle, one of the country’s most unique cultural centers – recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the ten prettiest communities in the country.
Apply for Accounts Payable Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland
- Financial Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland