Financial Aid Assistant
Financial Aid Assistant
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with: (1) an understanding of the college mission and teaching experience in a comprehensive community college; (2) a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment; and (3) a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting, including on-line instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes.
MVCC is seeking to fill a full-time position in our Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Assistant provides front line customer service to students and the Director of Financial Aid and the Financial Aid staff in providing financial aid guidance/education to students and families.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Focuses on and advises special student populations to provide support in financial aid literacy and income verification;
- Reviews income documentation to determiner financial aid eligibility, monitor FAFSA submissions and provide follow up to assistance students in their financial aid applications;
- Provides student support at our help desk to assist the students in the completion of various financial aid processes such as: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); student loan entrance counseling; master promissory notes and; the SIRS account;
- Answers student inquiries regarding the financial aid process at our help desk, over the telephone and by email;
- Assists the Director in maintaining financial records of students; and
- Performs other related duties as related to this job description as assigned by the Director and/or the Assistant Director.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
Associates Degree and one year of customer service experience required. Bachelor's degree and higher education experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 5/21/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.