Summer Pre-College Community Mentor
In Summer 2021, the online Skidmore Pre-College Program will be supported by virtual Community Mentors to foster a sense of community and enhance the online experience for students. The primary role of a Community Mentor is to assist pre-college students with their transition to college-level coursework and guide students in creating a positive learning environment and respectful, inclusive community. Under the direction of the Pre-College Director, staff in this position serve as mentors and role models; plan and oversee co-curricular activities; provide information about college resources; offer academic and social support; inform students about policies and procedures; and enforce policies/standards of conduct. Pre-College students are primarily minors under the age of 18; thus, staff assume significant responsibility for the behavior and well-being of students. This position is part-time: 10-15 hours per week, primarily weekday evenings, possibly weekends. Community Mentors are supervised by the Head Community Mentor, and report to the Pre-College Director.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in virtual staff training between June 28-July 2, 2021.
• Be available on all scheduled nights/weekends throughout the program (July 5-Aug. 6).
• Plan and oversee virtual educational, cultural, and social activities.
• Host weekly virtual office hours to answer student questions.
• Serve as a resource for students providing general academic and interpersonal support.
• Manage, document, and report student behavioral issues.
• Abide by and enforce program policies and create a safe, respectful online community.
• Always maintain professionalism and act as a positive role model.
• Manage online platforms (i.e., Zoom), provide basic virtual tech support as needed.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Rate of pay is $13.25 per hour.
To Apply: Submit an on-line application along with a cover letter, resume and list of three references.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs