Carthage College is accepting applications for a part-time Librarian who will provide enthusiastic and forward-thinking service to patrons across the College, primarily instructional, liaison, reference, and outreach services. Hours are about 20 hours per week, mostly during business hours. Some scheduling flexibility is required.
As a part-time librarian, this role is a liaison to assigned academic departments, providing instructional and reference services. A background and expertise in fine arts and/or natural sciences is preferred. The position also includes promotion and communication of library resources and services, including displays, notifications, and social media presence. As part of Library and Information Services, all library employees assist with technology support, so strong troubleshooting skills are desired.
The successful candidate will possess problem-solving and decision-making skills; have the ability to creatively formulate and implement innovative approaches and solutions to problems; communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences; and to speak and write clearly, concisely, and persuasively. The candidate will have exceptional organizational, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and time and project management skills as well as a strong commitment to public service.
● ALA-accredited MLIS degree
● Classroom instruction and one-on-one reference experience, including working at a reference desk.
● Facility and confidence with technology and its appropriate use.
● Experience in an academic or research library
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Kenosha
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Kenosha
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Kenosha
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Kenosha
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Kenosha