Director of E Sports
- Oversees all aspects of a comprehensive esports program, including sponsored games, special events, and facility operation.
- Oversees all aspects of the sport program.
- Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes, including achieving yearly recruiting goals in conjunction with college admissions office.
- Instructs, teaches, and coaches student-athletes on game strategies and performance principals.
- Manages game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Coordinates development of a competitive and balanced schedule.
- Manages team within framework of established budget by purchasing equipment/apparel, uniforms, supplies and other services.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates esports programming, including sponsored games, open recreation gaming, special events, leagues, camps, and tournaments.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels for all operating hours and events. Establishes and maintains operating schedule for esports room.
- Hires, supervises, and mentors assistant coaches.
- Monitors eligibility status and promotes academic progress of student-athletes.
- Adheres to all athletic training policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Athletic Director, coordinated team fundraising and promotes alumni and community engagement through various programming and outreach.
- Oversees all equipment maintenance, ordering and repairs for esports room.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Works with computer science faculty to schedule classroom usage and promotion of video game development minor.
- Work with sport management faculty, with potential opportunities to instruct in MBDI program.
- Performs administrative tasks and completes requests for information as assigned.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate or high school level preferred.
- Working knowledge of esports gaming equipment required.
- Successful collegiate gaming and coaching experience preferred.
Required skills, abilities and/or license
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Demonstrated esports management experience, including strategic planning, budget management, equipment purchasing, and risk management.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, strong attention to detail.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of collegiate esports league rules of play.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment for optimal gaming experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for both games and student-athlete recruiting.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III Rules and regulations.
- Compliance with athletic conference rules ad regulations required.
- Compliance with collegiate esports league rules and regulations required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha