Assistant Director of Continuing Education and Community Outreach
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the Assistant Director of Continuing Education and Community Outreach. Reporting to the Director of Continuing Education + Community Outreach, the Assistant Director assists in the supervision, planning, and organizing of Continuing Education fall, spring, and summer evening and weekends classes and workshops, summer Pre-College and Teacher Residency programs, and winter Scholastic Art + Writing Awards, as well as other events and programs throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists in the review and processing of programmatic applications, submission forms, and registrations.
- Coordinates with various departments to manage supplies, model requests, room + equipment reservations, and exhibition planning, among other responsibilities, for all programs.
- Creates and maintains Continuing Education and Community Outreach (CECO) online marketing and social media platforms and websites.
- Works to increase audience reach and interest in programming, and utilize innovative methods for promotion of programs.
- Creates and tracks evaluation forms for all programming.
- Maintains departmental programmatic statistical data; set parameters to measure the success of programs
- Coordinate marketing strategy to create department brochures, flyers, and literature, advertisements, and web presence
- Coordinates community outreach events such as Parade the Circle, North Eastern Ohio Education Association (NEOEA) Day, the Ohio Art Education Association (OAEA) Annual Conference, and Cleveland Art Association (CARTA) fall children’s program.
- Supervise staff assisting with CECO programs
Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed above. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong supervisory skills, organizational and time management skills, and
- Ability and flexibility to move between day-to-day tasks and project-oriented tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents including students, faculty, staff, family members, and community members
- Ability to organize workloads and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven track record of a collaborative spirit and relationship development
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree relative to visual arts or arts administration.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience working within a higher education or non-profit arts setting, preferably in community outreach and/or continuing education.
- Requires knowledge of general business management
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by May 28, 2021. Send resume with cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com please reference job code: CECO21 in the email subject line
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland’s University Circle, one of the country’s most unique cultural centers – recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the ten prettiest communities in the country.
Apply for Assistant Director of Continuing Education and Community Outreach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly