Full time Faculty, Public Health
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY:
The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The Instructor provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. The Instructor encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Doctoral degree in public health, health education, health sciences, or related field.Degree must be from an accredited college/university.
- Master's degree in science discipline and ability to teach classes in Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Human Pathophysiology, as needed preferred.
- Candidates with a Professional Doctorate (MD, DC, DPT, etc) and a Master in Public Health Degree (MPH) may be considered.
- Prior teaching and/or public health experience required.
- At least two years teaching experience in higher education, including synchronous virtual instruction preferred
- Current CHES/MCHES or CPH certification or eligible to take the CHES or CPH certification exam.
- Involvement in public health-related organizations.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Record of engagement in community service
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary