Senior Banner Database Administrator
The Senior Banner Database Administrator has the responsibility for leading the support of the Ellucian Banner student information system, along with related information systems and databases within Information Technology. Position coordinates with an IT cross-functional team and is the lead database administrator (dba) for conducting work necessary for the successful operation of these critical campus information systems. This position is responsible for the design, planning, and support of software development, database administration, application administration, installation and updates and functional office support of Banner and related information systems, subsystems, and databases.
Database/Application Administration and Solution Development
- Position will both coordinate and personally administer Banner and related information systems, including requirements analysis, programming, testing troubleshooting, maintenance, documentation, security procedures, database administration and software installation and updates. This includes providing direction to project team members and junior staff efforts.
- Plans, designs, and develops database servers, web servers, and application servers in a multi-instance environment. Implements and maintains the architecture necessary for integration with other application systems, including programming/scripting assistance.
- Responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of applications, databases, middleware, and servers, which includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating, and installing patches, and conducting application migrations, refreshes, and restores.
- Ensures the performance, reliability, and optimization of assigned systems by monitoring performance, high availability and ensuring the security, integrity, and recovery of data.
- Collaborates on projects to architect, implement or enhance, and test ERP systems and applications to meet dynamic business needs.
Solution Development and Support
- This position is responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of Business Intelligence architecture and solutions, including operations data stores (ODS), and related user interfaces. This may include software development to integrate commercial packages together.
- Lead the resolution of complex technical problems within assigned systems at the application, database, and server levels.
- Coordinate with other IT staff, functional offices, and vendor support in pursuit of effective operation and use of Banner and related information systems, including personally troubleshooting and implementation of software defect corrections where necessary.
- Provide technical training to junior staff.
Best Practices & Strategic Planning
- Keep abreast of related technology advances & trends, “best-practices”, and 3rd-Party solutions in student information systems areas, particularly as it relates to assigned functional offices, processes, and technologies.
- Develop and maintain expertise in programming, database administration, middleware technologies, and operating systems.
- Identify areas for development and contribute to strategic planning for the utilization of the student information systems.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Effective skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, and vendors.
- Excellent decision-making, time-management, and planning skills.
- Customer-centric approach to problem-solving.
- Effective customer service skills to engage customer, resolve issues with a sense of urgency, and communicate in a timely manner. Abilities • Ability to be an enthusiastic and resourceful team member Ability to be a self-starter and motivated to move projects forward.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment.
Review of applications will begin May 10th and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or 5-7 years of related work experience.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent related experience; working knowledge of groovy and grails, C and ruby, scripting languages such as unix bash, PHP and/or perl; knowledge of Banner or similar higher education administrative software preferred; proficient in Oracle programming; and proficient in using a scripting language (C, C+, PLSQL, etc); experience in a higher education setting or Banner consulting firm; at least 5 years’ experience managing multiple RDBMS' on large systems; at least 2 years of experience with Banner or other higher education administrative software; and practical experience in monitoring and tuning Oracle databases in a high availability environment.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Senior Banner Database Administrator, Office of Information and Technology
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga