Associate Director, Professional Programs
The Associate Director of Professional Programs - Degrees and Certificates, plays a significant and critical role in maintaining the university’s leadership position in professional education, especially in meeting the ambitious program and enrollment growth goals for the college and the university. Under the direction of the CPGE’s Associate Dean, the Associate Director collaboratively defines the program portfolio vision, priorities, and execution strategy. The incumbent serves as the operational manager of the portfolio, effectively driving key performance indicators and growth goals and owning the outcomes.
With a growth and innovation mindset, the incumbent identifies potential new degrees, certificates, and professional development paths, while also ensuring existing programs maintain the highest quality, distinction, and relevancy. The position must collaborate with university stakeholders within and across the division and leverage external partners (in companies, government entities, and NGOs, for example) as well as workforce and industry data to identify current and future needs to evolve the portfolio.
The Associate Director establishes themselves as a primary resource for the university and an expert in the development and execution of self-support degree and certificate programs. Providing work lead direction to a team of professional staff members, including Program Managers and Program Specialists, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring expected performance levels of the work group.
The College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) offers a comprehensive portfolio of professional and continuing education programs to serve the local, regional, and global workforce needs. Among the California State University system, CPGE is a leading provider of professional degree and certificate programs with over 40 programs across multiple disciplines.
- Strategic and operational advisor to the Associate Dean in setting program portfolio goals and objectives
- Key college representative/liaison to the university to promote and facilitate the development of degree and certificate programs
- Manage all self-support degree and certificate programs, including managing projects, tasks, deliverables, and timelines to meet program and enrollment goals
- Lead resource for program financial sustainability, and manages the program portfolio budget and fiscal obligations to optimize operations
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean to set program enrollment targets and conduct timely reviews to evaluate progress against targets; implement mitigation strategies when progress towards targets is lagging
- Strategizes with central services units of the college to identify program marketing, advertising, outreach and partnerships to achieve enrollment goals - e.g., develop and implement high-touch communications and outreach activities to nurture prospective students through the enrollment funnel
- Provide work lead direction to Program Managers, Program Specialist, Program Coordinator and Student Assistants for the program unit in Professional Education
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications
- Experience in effective data-driven planning and decision-making through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of the university policies and procedures as they relate to self-support program administration
- Ability to develop /monitor budgets and an ability to manage a self-support program
- Ability to develop, implement, interpret and apply a variety of federal, state, CSU and SJSU policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and execute on recruitment/outreach strategies to influence and increase applications and admits
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams and be able to make constructive recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in delivering on and maintaining strategic partnerships
- Ability to use university databases and applications, e.g., PeopleSoft, Salesforce/Pardot, G-Suite, Qualtrics, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in setting priorities, determining methods, and troubleshooting issues for others
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Six years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Master's degree
- Five or more years of higher education and progressive responsibility related to all aspects of creation and implementation of academic programs
- Managing complex Professional Education policies and procedures at SJSU /Calstate
- Demonstrated experience in financial and enrollment modeling
- Proven track record of building partner /faculty trust and developing strong working relationships
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt III
Anticipated Hiring Range: $7,500/month - $8,500/month
Salary Range: $5,908/month - $11,481/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 29, 2021 through May 13, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 29, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose