Research Associate (Post-doctoral Fellow)
Job Title Research Associate (Post-doctoral Fellow) Position Title Research Associate (Post-doctoral Fellow) Position Number Job Category University Faculty Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Maywood-Health Sciences Campus Location Code DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE (06500A) Department Name DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE Is this split and/or fully grant funded? Yes Duties and Responsibilities
This is a 2-year research postdoctoral position. The candidate will work with Dr. Modave, Director of the Center for Health Outcomes and Informatics Research, and Chair of the Department of Health Informatics and Data Science, in the new Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health, at Loyola University Chicago HSD (https://www.chicagobusiness.com/education/loyola-scores-big-grant-new-health-school).
The candidate will develop predictive models of health outcomes using a broad range of data science methods, as well as data coming from large heterogeneous databases (e.g. EHR data, patient-generated data, claims data, and a variety of other publicly available datasets). Of particular interest are individuals with an interest in applications to chronic disease management, cancer prevention, and social determinants of health.
Excellent communication skills, written and oral, are required.
PhD in a data science area.
Physical Demands Repetitive Motions Working Conditions None Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
• PhD in a data science related field (biomedical / Health informatics, data science, computer science, etc.)
• Experience with development of predictive models, biostatistics, machine learning and deep learning methodologies, preferably in the context of health care. Experience with programming in high-level language preferred (e.g. Python, Java, C, C++, etc.)
Open Date 03/11/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
For more information:
François Modave, PhD
Director, Center for Health Outcomes and Informatics Research
Chair, Department of Health Informatics and Data Science
Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health
Loyola University Chicago
Ph: (708) 216-7962
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10470 Job Number Organizational Location HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date Position End Date Open Until Filled Yes Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Writing Sample
- Scholarly Publications
- Teaching Evaluations
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Multi Media
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago