Associate Director for Public Services
Job Title Associate Director for Public Services Position Title Associate Director for Public Services Position Number Job Category University Faculty Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Maywood-Health Sciences Campus Location Code LIBRARY HSD (06800A) Department Name LIBRARY HSD Is this split and/or fully grant funded? Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership and manages the daily operations of the Health Sciences Library
• Participate in and collaboratively work with the Director on strategic planning, budget, assessment and collections to align resources and services with the University’s strategic plan
• Builds, develops and leads Informationist services in support of Health Sciences campus researchers and clinicians. Establish goals and metrics to assess the impact and effectiveness of the program, resources, staff and service.
• Leads the design and development of effective classes, training and workshops for graduate health sciences, undergraduate medical and graduate medical education
• Champions the Library to stakeholders, serving as an ally with and an advocate for all team members. Actively and constructively addresses problems or conflicts and removes barriers
• Cultivates strong relationships within the Library and with the Library’s constituency to effectively communicate the Library’s value and impact to the community
• Analyze data and trends that reflect usage and need and translate into actionable initiatives
• Mentors and coaches research and education librarians to support career and skill development that aligns to the Library mission and University strategic goals. Provides guidance to library faculty to support successful rank and promotion process
• Oversees internal and external communications, including social media
• Master’s degree in library science or information science from an ALA -accredited institution or equivalent degree
• At least seven years of supervisory and management experience
• Relevant research experience, publication, teaching or other significant contributions to the profession that demonstrates substantial subject mastery
• Demonstrated success in determining own and/or team’s priorities based on user needs, performance objectives and overall organizational goals
• Strong understanding of health sciences education; keen awareness of the important role health sciences librarians play in the education of tomorrow’s health care professionals
• Proven project management skills and managing library operations in a University setting
• Proven ability to collaborate with faculty, students, trainees and colleagues in health sciences graduate and undergraduate work
• Ability to work as a team player in maintaining harmonious, cooperative working relationships with administrators, faculty, students, and staff
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to explain complex concepts to a wide range of users in individual and group settings
• Positive attitude, flexibility, initiative, and a sense of humor
• Undergraduate degree or master’s level coursework in biology
• Demonstrated success in leading a team, including coaching, mentoring, motivating, recognizing, and holding staff accountable with an emphasis on maximizing individual success and growth
• Willingness to function as a hands-on contributor to research and education projects, scholarship and expert search services as needed
• Proven aptitude for designing and teaching information retrieval and evaluation skills required of evidence-based health care practice
• Actively supports a workplace culture that values and promotes a partnership and service philosophy. Creates a climate which ensures high-quality client interactions with a commitment to ongoing evaluation and improvement
• Evidence of active and ongoing contributions to the information/library profession and the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of a library faculty member through service, teaching and scholarship
• Strong commitment to working in a diverse and collegial atmosphere that offers opportunities for innovation and professional growth
• Demands integrity in self and others and models the library’s values of diversity, lifelong learning, innovation, collaboration and service in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition
This is a non-tenured faculty position at the rank of Senior Librarian. Academic expression for this position is accomplished through contributions to teaching, publication, research or service to the profession of health sciences librarianship.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications based on Loyola University of Chicago pay scales. Loyola University Chicago offers a generous benefit program, which may be reviewed online.
Physical Demands Working Conditions Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
The Organization Loyola University Chicago is a nationally recognized urban university founded in 1870 in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition. The Health Sciences Library located in Maywood, IL supports nursing, medical, graduate biomedical, bioethics, and public health education and the Loyola University Medical Center.
Loyola University of Chicago Health Sciences Library has an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic and seasoned Associate Director to advance evidence based research and practice, interprofessional education, translational research, and clinical information research and biomedical education at the University’s health sciences campus. This senior leadership position champions the library to a large constituency of students, faculty and staff while providing leadership for librarians and library services that impact and support Library and University mission, values and goals. Reporting to the Associate Provost and Director, the Associate Director provides overall direction for programs, services, initiatives and training that leverage library impact in health information, research and education aligned to Loyola’s Catholic, Jesuit tradition.
Open Date 09/05/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically. Relocation assistance will not be provided. Please include a letter of application and current curriculum vitae. The position will remain open until filled.
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/12194 Job Number 8150243 Organizational Location HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date Position End Date Open Until Filled Yes Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Writing Sample
- Scholarly Publications
- Teaching Evaluations
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Multi Media
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago